For those of us in mathematics education, the most important connections to be made are between the mathematical knowledge one holds, and the opportunities one meets to use that knowledge.
- Goes to the purpose of studying mathematics
- Motivates learning mathematics
- Provides a tool for application of relevant knowledge
This presentation will cover
1. The history and operation of The International Mathematical Modeling Challenge (IMMC) internationally and in Australia
2. The modelling problems used in IMMC
3. Some observations on work done by Australian teams
4. Some pointers to building mathematical modelling expertise among teachers and students, and as a critical part of future maths classrooms
|Session Code||Session Date||Session Start||Session Finish||Session Location||Places Remaining|
|C-11||05/12/2019||12:10 pm||01:10 pm||La Trobe University Bundoora||
|I-23||06/12/2019||02:30 pm||03:30 pm||La Trobe University, Bundoora||
Please try the forgotten password option using your current or old email address - you may already be on our system, otherwise create a new account.